Click the VISTA Positions to see the full service listing on my.americorps.gov
The Communications Specialist VISTA will build HSNT’s capacity to raise financial resources and connect those in our community that need care the most to services.
- Cultivate new fundraising opportunities
- Develop and implement a story banking process
- Establish and orchestrate a non-profit networking group for Denton County
- Develop new patient and donor communication materials
- Mobilize community outreach efforts to target audiences.
The position requires a bachelor’s level degree in Marketing, Communications, or Nonprofit management. In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, computer proficiency and competence, interpersonal skills, flexibility, timeliness, and the ability to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
The Program Resource Development VISTA at Epilepsy Foundation Texas in Houston will help families and individuals living with epilepsy receive excellent programs and services, such as medical clinics and camp programs.
- Research and write grants benefitting camp programs and medical clinics. T
- Increase overall community outreach through the development of processes, presentation and training materials/manuals used for outreach and retention of donors, campers and volunteers, etc.
Applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, community organization and grant writing skills.
The Outreach and Development VISTA at Cornerstone Ranch will build capacity by increasing community awareness of the agency and increasing financial support through events and grant writing efforts to assist families affected by disabilities.
- Develop a plan to increase donors and participation in fundraising events
- Research and write at least 6 grants during the service year with a total potential value of $100,000
- Work with the organizational consultant to assist with the planning, solicitation, day-of logistics, and post-evaluation of special events.
Applicants should possess exemplary written and oral communication skills and computer skills. Recruitment and fundraising experience a plus.
The Stabilization Services VISTA at Network will create and refine financial education and job placement programs to empower individuals to move out of poverty through long-term solutions.
- Increase client outreach efforts in order to better meet the needs of the community and provide long-lasting change.
- Create partnership opportunities with other nonprofit and social service agencies
- Develop corporate volunteer partnerships
- Plan, execute and create documentation for a new client stabilization program, such as a case management program
- Improve existing and implement new Job Resource Center and Financial Education programs.
Applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, computer proficiency and competence with Microsoft Suite, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and timeliness and the ability to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
The Marketing and Fund Development VISTA at Our Daily Bread will increase community awareness and enhance fundraising to provide more clients with nutritious meals and basic needs services.
- Increase fundraising efforts through the research, writing and submission of a minimum of 4 grant proposals
- Enhance fundraising efforts by developing a plan to increase donors and participation in fundraising events
- Create and update collateral marketing materials
- Improve current social media communications to include the development of new social media avenues to communicate with targeted audiences.
Applicants should possess good communication skills, be proficient with social media marketing and have basic computer skills.