Click the VISTA Positions to see the full service listing on my.americorps.gov
The Communications Specialist VISTA will build HSNT’s capacity to raise financial resources and connect those in our community that need care the most to services.
- Cultivate new fundraising opportunities
- Develop and implement a story banking process
- Establish and orchestrate a non-profit networking group for Denton County
- Develop new patient and donor communication materials
- Mobilize community outreach efforts to target audiences.
The position requires a bachelor’s level degree in Marketing, Communications, or Nonprofit management. In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, computer proficiency and competence, interpersonal skills, flexibility, timeliness, and the ability to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
The Special Events VISTA will build capacity by facilitating aid to parents and children through and maintaining interest of the donor constituency through special events at Family Compass.
- Develop a schedule of special events for each year
- Recruit and mobilize local committees
- Cultivate sponsorships and connections with prospective event underwriters
- Construct event guidelines for each event
- Develop and implement an evaluation procedure to measure success level
- Coordinate third party events with the community-at-large
Successful applicants will possess exemplary oral and written communication skills, computer/technology skills, leadership and community organization skills.