Click the VISTA Positions to see the full service listings on my.AmeriCorps.gov
Help uninsured, under-insured and low-income individuals vulnerable to healthcare barriers receive lifesaving medical services as a Communications Specialist VISTA!
The Communications Specialist VISTA will build HSNT’s capacity to raise financial resources and connect those in our community that need care the most to services. Major duties include:
- Create two new fundraising opportunities
- Develop and implement a story banking process
- Develop new patient and donor communication materials
- Conduct community outreach to target audience
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Nonprofit management. Applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, computer proficiency and competence, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and timeliness and the ability to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
Dedicate yourself to giving children the best start in life by laying the foundation for a lifetime of learning as the Marketing and Development VISTA at Denton City County Day School.
The Marketing and Fundraising VISTA at Denton City County Day School will help to give children the best start in life by laying the foundation for a lifetime of learning through the development of a marketing plan to increase community awareness of needs and services within the Denton Community. Major duties include:
- Increase public awareness of DCCDS and the services provided
- Develop a plan to increase donors and participants in fundraising events
- Research and write at least 4 new grants
The Social Media Marketing VISTA will build capacity by creating cohesive brand management and developing social media platforms to increase community awareness and support, thus increasing financial and volunteer support.
- Increase awareness through the development of social media marketing and website engagement.
- Create a solid branding message that is reflected across marketing materials, social media content and shared by employees.
- Utilize events as promotional and partnership opportunities by recruiting local businesses and developing new partnerships.
As a Marketing and Fundraising VISTA with the Network of Community Ministries you will increase emergency services of food, shelter, financial services, acute medical and dental care, and resources to lift individuals out of poverty.
- Researching and writing at least 5 grant proposals with a potential outcome of $40,000.
- Increase marketing efforts through a variety of social media platforms.
- Develop strategies to build greater community awareness of the agency’s mission and programs through 3 rd party events.
- Research and build a case for Network’s Social Return on Investment (SROI).
Applicants should possess good researching skills, strong verbal and writing communication skills, and computer skills.
The Partnership and Research VISTA will attend community meetings and events related to disaster recovery efforts and share information related to recovery work with other agencies and individuals serving the Houston area.
- Complete a comprehensive list of key service providers and organizations working towards disaster recovery efforts.
- Increase site traffic to the CHILDREN AT RISK disaster recovery web-page.
- Create and Publicize a user-friendly web-page in English and Spanish of disaster recovery resources.
- Attend coalition and group meetings associated with disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with partners to collect information and share in a strategic and meaningful manner.
- Collect and compile resources that will be utilized by partner organizations and the community impacted by natural disasters.
Join Pathfinders in empowering individuals and families to find their path from poverty to self-sufficiency. Help fulfill the mission of Pathfinders by supporting two programs; Mentoring and Financial Capability by developing a robust volunteer program, recruiting volunteers and increasing volunteer retention.
- Evaluate and revise volunteer policies and procedures and handbook.
- Develop a volunteer management tracking system.
- Recruit 40 high quality volunteers.
- Plan and execute a volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Research and solicit new funding opportunities through grant writing and partnerships.